DID YOU KNOW THAT...
- in Ontario about 12 people under 18 are killed in bicycle collisions each year.
- in Ontario about 1500 people under 18 are injured in bicycle collisions each year.
- 3/4 of bicycle related fatalities result from head injuries.
- helmets can reduce cycling-related head injuries by up to 85%.
Safety Resources Available at the Board of Health:
- Inside/Out - developed by State Farm Insurance to help teach students about health and
Video 22 min. Kindergarten to grade 6.
- Bicycle Helmet Safety - Video Dont Use Your Brains for Brakes, posters promoting
helmet use, and information on community projects for promotion. Video 13 min. Grades
- Gearing Up - A video produced by Canadian Tire teaching safe cycling skills. Video 25 min.
Also available is a poster display on wearing bicycle helmets.
Article provided by Oxford County Board of Health
Avoid Food Poisoning
- please feel free to print this cut-out and post it on your refrigerator
Return to Homepage
Send your mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org